Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dream a Little Dream of Me

I'm having one of those days were I keep having vague memories and I can't remember whether or not they happened.

It's those little pieces of dream that keep floating into my mind. And for a moment, I think it was real and glorious and then I realize it wasn't. It didn't happen at all. And then I have to sort through truth and dreams.

That's so weird, that your brain can do that. I'm so interested in dreams. What do they mean? What are they, really? I'm one of those people that tries to interpret dreams. I don't know how, but I feel like they're so tied to your brain that they MUST mean something.

When I was a kid, I used to worry that my entire life had been a dream and I would wake up one day as a baby with my whole life still in front of me. I guess that's a strange concern for an elementary schooler.

I can't really blame my brain that much for getting confused. If I woke up and realized that the past month or so had been a dream, I wouldn't be surprised. Things have been too bizarre, and often too good, to be true. But if I AM dreaming, please, let me sleep a few more minutes. It's such a good dream.

1 comment:

  1. I hate when that happens! I have that problem with dreams, and I get so emotionally tied to some dreams that I can't shake the feeling for days sometimes.

    ReplyDelete